Thursday 17 May 2018

1/3000 astronefs? Irregular miniatures' aeronefs modified

Hi,
I received  a set of  pre-dreadnought / aeronefs from Irregular recently and although they don't come with a marked scale they look closer to 1/3000 than my 1/1200 stuff from brigade. So I set about preparing these to join my other space fleets. It looks like these came off a display unit as they were already painted and had some tape on the bottoms. I set about gluing a strip of spruce to the bottom of each ship and carving a  full hull -


Next, a swipe of filler and an undercoat -
pic to follow

I found a picture of Irregular's display board with the 2nd hand collection I bought from them, including the aeronefs  - you can see them centre bottom of the pic below - that explains the black stuff on the bottoms of the figures. I'll do some repaints of the rest of the space ships over the next year or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment