Thursday 8 May 2014

UNSC


The very first of my 15mm Sci-fi units -

The UNSC have employed these heavy scouts to provide up to date situational reports with the capacity for light interdiction. I have also begun writing my own Sci fi rules which I hope to provide  here at a later date.
These fellas were purchased from The Scene and were converted a little to fit more with my regular troops purchased from GZG.



 The crews were original modified by the seller from orcs! I modified these further from the post-apocalyptic look to make the heads into visored helmets and remove any spikes from the armour.

The bikes each have four linked plasma cannons and the walker carries four auto-cannons. As you can see the legs don't really work as concepts, there are hydraulics where they wouldn't work and the top parts of the legs are mismatched. Despite this I still like the finished model, although I will find some armoured glass to protect the pilot in the future.


Picked these up from GZG back in September. I wanted to come up with a colour scheme that would fit with most environments so i went with grey. Seems a little boring, I could've let my imagination run. As for basing, well, who knows where these guys will end up, so I just did some rocky desert scrub type terrain. There are stacks more UNSC kit that GZG do and I'll explore that in the future. Anyway, four platoons of between 9 and 12 men. One heavy weapons platoon, one recce platoon, and two rifle platoons.


Each rifle platoon  consists of  four men with auto-rifles, two men with  heavy auto-rifles, a mini missile launcher and a sniper with auto-rifle and multi-mode sights.

The recce platoon has four men with auto-rifles ( one with the multi-mode sights), two men with heavy auto-rifles, one man with a mini-missile launcher and a ATGM missile launcher. Finally the commander works with a local liaison trooper, someone who knows the area, people and culture. In this case the liaison's armed with an old machine gun, basic but reliable.

Lastly, is the heavy weapons team. This incorporates the heavy weapons for the company and the overall company commander.



These heavy plasma cannons are clearly too large to be carried about by the troopers, so I shall be buying them some 'Mule' transports in the future. The platoon has three men with auto-rifles, two men with heavy auto-rifles, one man with a mini-missile launcher and the two plasma-cannon teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment